Saturday, August 3, 2013

Triathlon Season

Just like that triathlon season is upon me.  I'm hoping to be able to do the sprint tri in Snowflake in 4 weeks...unless the hubs decides we are going out of town instead.  But for sure I am planning on doing the same Olympic tri I did last year. 

I have been eagerly waiting to start training again.  I got my bike out for the first time since October and did a 15 mile ride.  My pace was pretty pathetic, but I felt good.  I was terribly sore in my back/shoulders and crotch area the next day, but I didn't let that stop me and went out again two days later.  Already my pace had improved. 

Thankfully, this year I'm not just barely learning to swim, and I've been keeping up with it almost year round so I feel much more confident in the water. 

And, my running is stronger than it's ever been.  Now if I can just put it all together...
I closed out the week with:
1 yoga class (1.5 hours)
2 swim sessions (1,000 yards and 525 yards)
2 bike rides (both 15 miles)
3 runs (5 mile tempo, 1 mile time trial, and 10 mile long run)

No comments:

Post a Comment