Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year, New Goals

 For 2013 I had 3 goals: 

1.  Run a sub 4 hour marathon
2.  Enter a half marathon
3.  Complete P90X2

So, how'd I do?

1.  Missed it by 26 seconds.
2.  Did the Bucket of Blood Half Marathon, but it was a trail one so I didn't get the time I was hoping for.
3.  Nailed it. 

For 2014 I am not going to set any goals yet besides getting that sub 4 hour marathon I have been chasing for two years.   I have a few things in mind, but nothing that I am ready to commit to right now.  I would like to do a road half marathon and see what kind of time I could get.  I may or may not do another triathlon.  Some days I say I am done with triathlons, and other days I feel like I want to keep trying them.  I will also keep doing yoga and strength training. 

Right now my focus is on training for the Phoenix Marathon.  Depending on how I do on March 1st, I will reevaluate my focus and see what goal I feel like doing next. 


1 comment:

  1. yes, a half marathon is a decent goal for you (us). maybe we can find one for late summer or early fall? I would also like to do a fast race in here somewhere.... 10k or something....just for kicks

    ReplyDelete