Thursday, November 7, 2013

Marathon #3

Fresh off a week of some much needed rest, I am ecstatic to announce I have started training for my 3rd marathon.   I debated a few different options and races, and finally decided that the Phoenix Marathon on March 1st would be best.  It's 17 weeks away, on a Saturday, close to our house in Gilbert, and not too big or expensive.  Plus check out this elevation map!

 
Choosing the race was fairly easy compared to choosing the training plan.  I used the FIRST marathon training plan for my previous two and just felt like I needed something different this time around.  Finally I settled on Hal Higdon's Novice 2 program.  I really like that it has 4 days of running and 1 day of Cross Training.  As a busy mom, it's hard to get out to run 4 days a week, but that's what alarm clocks and treadmills are for. 
 
Luckily, I have my little sis to train with again, and Brandi is hoping to train along with us for her first half.  The more, the merrier! 
 
 
Although Larissa and I have different finishing times in mind, it's almost comical how focused we are.  We both have something to prove and we're not messing around this time.  I'm determined to break 4 hours.  So much so that I made a deal with the hubs:  If I don't break 4 hours I won't run another marathon.  Talk about pressure. 
 
 
 
first tempo run:  5 miles at 7:46 pace
Although I'm not crazy about having to train through the cold winter again, I am excited and ready to do this.
 
Third time's the charm, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment