Saturday, May 11, 2013

P90X2 Phase 3 Review

Phase is 3 is D-O-N-E.  This was a good phase and I enjoyed it.  More importantly, I can tell that I got stronger.  It consisted of two workouts, P.A.P. Upper and Lower which you do twice each week, and then the normal Yoga.  Here is the schedule I followed for Phase 3: 

Monday:  P.A.P Lower
Tuesday:  P.A.P Upper
Wednesday:  Yoga
Thursday:  Run (supposed to be rest day but I wanted to get in at least one run day)
Friday:  P.A.P Lower
Saturday:  P.A.P.Upper
Sunday:  Rest

It feels good to accomplish a goal that I started over 3 months ago (on Monday, February 3 to be exact).  I can honestly say that I didn't skip any workouts (save for a few during Phase 2 that I substituted for running days).  I didn't follow the eating plan comletely, but I did cut out sugar for the last 6 weeks of it.  In total I did 12 weeks worth of workouts, with two recovery weeks thrown in between the 1st and 2nd phase and one for our spring break during the 2nd phase. 

I did not lose any weight.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I gained a pound.  That's okay; I will chalk it up to muscle mass.  I did get more definition in my abs, back, and arms though.  And, I feel stronger.  I'm hoping that completing this will make me a stronger runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment