Monday, January 14, 2013

Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Prep

I finished my last long run before the marathon...and it was a good one!  Despite running in the frigid temperature of about 12 degrees, I kept a good, fast pace and, most importantly, I didn't have any aches or pains.  Now, I am tapering my workouts and resting with my feet up until race day.

I can't help but feel nervous about the race, even though when I look back at my training I have logged almost twice the mileage to prepare for this marathon than I did last year to prepare for the Carlsbad Marathon.  I think the difference is that I went into Carlsbad just hoping to finish.  I am going into the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon with a goal time in mind (<4:00).  Either way, I still have to run 26.2 miles. 


All that's left to do now is make an inspiring and entertaining playlist, do two easy runs, pick out my race day outfit, and hope for some great running weather.  We've been stuck in a freak cold front for the last week and haven't seen a temp above freezing.  Supposedly, 55 degrees is the perfect temp to run a marathon in, and according to the forecast it looks like it might be my lucky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment