Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Goals

I've been debating starting a running (and fitness) blog for a few years and decided it's finally time.  I have been pretty diligent about keeping a family blog for the past few years, but this will be a nice place for me to just write about my workouts.  Let's be honest, not everyone wants to read about my latest track intervals, yoga session, or swim laps. 
  

I'm hoping this blog will serve a couple of purposes: 
1)  Be a record for me.  It's nice to be able to look back at things, like what you ate before your last marathon as you are preparing for the next one. 
2)  Help someone else.  I'm no expert, but I have experience and I've overcome some things (like severe IT Band issues) to be succesful.
3)  Keep me accountable.  Knowing that I have a blog waiting for me to report to will be a huge motivator. 

There is something to be said about a new year and new goals.  For 2013, I have a few running and fitness goals:   
1)  Run a sub 4 hour marathon.  I was so close I could taste it last year (4:00:26), and have been waiting (not so patiently) to acheive this.  I will get my chance on January 20th at the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. 
2)  Enter a real half marathon.  It's been 6 years since I've entered a race for a half marathon, (with the exception of the Bucket of Blood Half Marathon in Holbrook, AZ in 2011 which was a total bust for so many reasons) that I'm curious to see what time I could get now.  My best official time in a race is 1:58 and that was over 7 years ago.  However, I mapped out a 13.1 mile course this past summer and my time was 1:48.  I hope that on an official course I could hit 1:45.
3)  Complete Insanity, P90X, or P90X2.  After the marathon in January, I'm going to need to take a few weeks off from running.  I haven't decided which program I want to do, but I need something to help with strength training.  Plus, with the cold weather I need something I can do inside.  Since I've already done P90X and Insanity, I may opt for P90X2, although I know it is going to be tough.

I love making goals and crossing them off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment