Friday, September 20, 2013

Triathlon Training

Time flies when you're having fun.  Somehow it's been 3 weeks since I posted about my triathlon training.  It's been going good, really good actually. 

Now I'm training for the Mesa Iron Gear Sports Olympic Distance Triathlon in 5 weeks (1600 m swim, 24 mile bike, 6 mile run).  I've already done a 1600 m swim a few times, have learned how to do a flip turn, and gotten my 50 m sprint repeats under 55 seconds.  I've done a few bike rides over 20 miles with a good pace (around 15.7) and I'm finally getting the hang of shifting.  'Bout time, right?  I'm trying to build up some running mileage again, while still working on speed.  It's been hard to get in a good long run because my legs are usually tired from biking the day before.  I switched some things around this week so I'm hoping for a good long run tomorrow. 

Before 23 mile bike ride
Our coed volleyball season has also started so we usually have games 3 nights a week.  I thought I might be too tired from all the training to even play but so far it's been okay.  It pays to eat healthy and fuel properly. 

This week so far:
Monday-6 mile run
Tuesday-16 mile bike/2 mile run in morning and 1600 m swim in evening
Wednesday-1 mile time trial and yoga (1.5 hours)
Thursday-19 mile bike/2 mile run
Friday-swim (3 sets of 5 x 50 m sprint repeats)
Saturday-Hoping for 10 mile long run

No comments:

Post a Comment