Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Free to Run

With P90X2 complete, and no races or triathlons that I'm currently training for, it's kind of weird to have "free" workout time.  That means I can do whatever workout I want any day of the week.  For me it's a no-brainer, and my choice is always going to be running.  Anything else that I choose is always a supplement to my running, like yoga, swimming, or core work. 

I went from doing about 5 miles a week during P90X2, to 20+ miles immediately in the weeks following P90X2.  I just couldn't help it.  I was so excited to be able to run again!  And the best part is that it coincided perfectly to when my running partner could start running again postpartum.  It's not unusual for us to be out running at 5:30 am, 4 days a week.  We've been doing tempo runs, long runs, and fartleks and it's been awesome.

I'm a very Type A personality so I like having schedules, but every once in awhile it feels so good to be free to run whatever, whenever, and however I feel like it that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment